FINALLY! We have been awaiting 8.15.16 since the creation of Cancer Gets LOST in 2010 (and truly, since LOST began in 2004). Today we have the great honor of opening the 2016 Cancer Gets LOST Charity Auction, featuring over 450 rare and signed items from 60+ TV shows and 18 films! 100% of the net proceeds from our auction are being donated to Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation for Childhood Cancer, a terrific organization that funds research for childhood cancer cures and also supports families with children battling cancer.
Hosted by Blacksparrow Inc., click HERE to register for the CGL auction and to view the auction itself! Bookmark the page, and happy bidding! The CGL Charity Auction will be open from August 15 until September 3, 2016.
Please visit this post for CGL auction logistics and further instructions!
If you have any questions throughout the auction, feel free to tweet or email us. For shipping inquiries: @BlacksparrowAuc or email@example.com, for item questions: @CancerGetsLOST or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are incredibly appreciative for your interest and bids in the 2016 Cancer Gets LOST Charity Auction, and want to extend a note of gratitude to everyone that donated time, money, items, autographs or general good will to CGL! Without the support from fans and those creating the shows/films we all love, CGL would not exist.
As you peruse our extensive selection of auction items and start placing your bids, know that you’re helping to make a difference in the lives of children battling cancer. And for that, we are tremendously grateful.
Bid together, buy alone! May the force be with you, may the odds be ever in your favor, and may we bid again!
Executive Director, Co-Founder
On the eve of our 2016 Cancer Gets LOST Charity Auction launch, a message of gratitude from CGL Co-Founder and Executive Director Jo Garfein.
Tomorrow, on 8.15.16 at 10am PT, look for the link to the CGL auction here, on our social networks and on Blacksparrow Inc.! Registration for the auction is open, and will remain open throughout the auction.
Thank you to every single person that contributed items, time, money, autographs and support over the last two years; you’re fueling this incredible journey as we channel fandoms toward the greater good, together.
We are very pleased to be able to open registration today for the 2016 Cancer Gets LOST Charity Auction! As you know, our big online auction will be open from Monday (8.15.16) until Saturday, September 3. 100% of the net proceeds are being donated to Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation for Childhood Cancer.
Please click HERE to register for the CGL auction, hosted by Blacksparrow Inc.! Click on the “Get Approved to Bid” button on the right hand side.
Blacksparrow is also working around the clock on a beautiful digital auction catalog, and we will share it when it is complete.
If you’re interested in bidding on items in our charity auction once it opens on Monday, you must register beforehand! All that is required is a valid credit card (*please note: your card will not be charged, but in order to ensure that your card is valid, you will see a temporary $1 charge on your account from iCollector that will show up as “pending” but then disappear. This is called a verification ping, and it is a standard part of the credit card validation process!).
Please tweet @BlacksparrowAuc or email (email@example.com) with any registration questions, and @CancerGetsLOST with any auction item questions!
For all CGL charity auction logistics and details, please see the previous post: Cancer Gets LOST 2016 Charity Auction Details!
The significance of our charity auction launch date is by design. LOST fans in particular understand why 8.15.16 is the very best date possible. And so does Jorge!
Thank you for your interest in Cancer Gets LOST! We hope that you register and then discover items you love and want to bid on, as 100% of the net proceeds from our auction are being donated to Alex’s Lemonade Stand, an amazing childhood cancer research and support organization.
Jo Garfein, Executive Director/Co-Founder
At Cancer Gets LOST, we believe in complete transparency. Here is exactly how our upcoming charity auction will work, from start to finish; a CGL Online Auction 101 for interested fans and future bidders!
August 13, 2016
- Online registration for the CGL auction opened! A valid credit card is required for registration. *Please note: your card will not be charged, but in order to ensure that your card is valid, you will see a temporary $1 charge on your account from iCollector that will show up as “pending” but then disappear. This is called a verification ping and it is a standard process.
- Link to register for the 2016 Cancer Gets LOST Charity Auction: HERE!
August 15, 2016
- The 2016 CGL Charity Auction opened online at 10am PT! * Please note, the CGL auction is NOT hosted on eBay; Blacksparrow has a CGL-specific iCollector link!
- Those registered to bid in the auction may place bids at any time.
September 3, 2016
- The 2016 CGL Charity Auction will begin closing on Saturday, September 3 at 10am PT: ONE ITEM AT A TIME, in order, as listed. Please note the closing time on each item as you strategize your personal bidding process.
After Auction Closes: Buyers
- Blacksparrow will email winning bidders an itemized invoice for items won in the 2016 CGL Charity Auction, including shipping costs. If you win multiple items, they will be combined on one invoice. In the email, there will be a link to the Cancer Gets LOST Paypal account, for winning bidders to complete payment. You will have 7 working days to complete payments for items won!
- You do not have to have a Paypal account, but we strongly recommend it. Paypal does offer the option to pay via credit card.
- Because of generous and ongoing donations to Cancer Gets LOST, CGL is covering all Buyer’s Premiums for our 2016 Charity Auction, saving winning bidders a substantial fee upon auction’s end! Winning bidders will only be responsible for paying the final sales costs and shipping costs of items (plus sales tax if resident of CA; see below).
After Auction Closes: Shipping
- Because CGL is a 2-person operation and CGL’s charitable fiscal sponsor FJC, a 501c(3) public charity, has to process all payments to the CGL Paypal account, please note that shipment of your items from Blacksparrow will take place throughout September and early October. We appreciate your patience in advance; with over 450 auction items, there will be a tremendous amount to process!
- All domestic packages will be shipped via USPS or FedEx, depending on expediency and costs. Blacksparrow will choose the best option for you at the most reasonable cost. All packages will include insurance and tracking. Shipping notifications with tracking info will be emailed to winning bidders.
- All overseas packages will be shipped via USPS International First Class (for packages weighing less than 3 pounds), or USPS International Priority (for packages 3 pounds or higher).
- All oversize items, e.g., large wall panel-size posters on foam core, will require 3rd party shipping (Box Brothers, Freighters & Craters, etc.).
- Local pickup of items will be available (Glendale, CA) for those in the Los Angeles area!
- Only residents of California must pay applicable sales tax (9%) on final bid price of item.
- If you win an item in the CGL auction valued at over $75, you will automatically receive a tax receipt from CGL/FJC. If you win an item valued under $75, you may request a tax receipt from CGL/FJC, or your Paypal receipt can serve as U.S. tax substantiation.
Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation for Childhood Cancer
- After payments for all items purchased in the 2016 CGL Charity Auction have been received and processed, AND Blacksparrow has completed shipment of all items, CGL will then donate 100% of the auction net proceeds to Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation for Childhood Cancer. We will share the total amount of money donated once that amount has been finalized!
- For any shipping questions, please email (info at blacksparrowinc dot com) or call Blacksparrow (818-937-9399).
- For all other inquiries, please email (cancergetslost at gmail dot com) or tweet us @CancerGetsLOST and we will get back to you in a timely manner.
* If you are interested in contributing to Cancer Gets LOST at any time, to help us cover our operating costs, you may make a donation via our CGL Paypal button on the upper right side of this page!
Thank you for your interest in and support of CGL. May the force be with you, and may the odds be ever in your favor as you bid on items in our 2016 Charity Auction!
– Jo Garfein, Executive Director/Co-Founder