At Cancer Gets LOST, we believe in complete transparency. Here is exactly how our upcoming charity auction will work, from start to finish; a CGL Online Auction 101 for interested fans and future bidders!
August 13, 2016
- Online registration for the CGL auction opened! A valid credit card is required for registration. *Please note: your card will not be charged, but in order to ensure that your card is valid, you will see a temporary $1 charge on your account from iCollector that will show up as “pending” but then disappear. This is called a verification ping and it is a standard process.
- Link to register for the 2016 Cancer Gets LOST Charity Auction: HERE!
August 15, 2016
- The 2016 CGL Charity Auction opened online at 10am PT! * Please note, the CGL auction is NOT hosted on eBay; Blacksparrow has a CGL-specific iCollector link!
- Those registered to bid in the auction may place bids at any time.
September 3, 2016
- The 2016 CGL Charity Auction will begin closing on Saturday, September 3 at 10am PT: ONE ITEM AT A TIME, in order, as listed. Please note the closing time on each item as you strategize your personal bidding process.
After Auction Closes: Buyers
- Blacksparrow will email winning bidders an itemized invoice for items won in the 2016 CGL Charity Auction, including shipping costs. If you win multiple items, they will be combined on one invoice. In the email, there will be a link to the Cancer Gets LOST Paypal account, for winning bidders to complete payment. You will have 7 working days to complete payments for items won!
- You do not have to have a Paypal account, but we strongly recommend it. Paypal does offer the option to pay via credit card.
- Because of generous and ongoing donations to Cancer Gets LOST, CGL is covering all Buyer’s Premiums for our 2016 Charity Auction, saving winning bidders a substantial fee upon auction’s end! Winning bidders will only be responsible for paying the final sales costs and shipping costs of items (plus sales tax if resident of CA; see below).
After Auction Closes: Shipping
- Because CGL is a 2-person operation and CGL’s charitable fiscal sponsor FJC, a 501c(3) public charity, has to process all payments to the CGL Paypal account, please note that shipment of your items from Blacksparrow will take place throughout September and early October. We appreciate your patience in advance; with over 450 auction items, there will be a tremendous amount to process!
- All domestic packages will be shipped via USPS or FedEx, depending on expediency and costs. Blacksparrow will choose the best option for you at the most reasonable cost. All packages will include insurance and tracking. Shipping notifications with tracking info will be emailed to winning bidders.
- All overseas packages will be shipped via USPS International First Class (for packages weighing less than 3 pounds), or USPS International Priority (for packages 3 pounds or higher).
- All oversize items, e.g., large wall panel-size posters on foam core, will require 3rd party shipping (Box Brothers, Freighters & Craters, etc.).
- Local pickup of items will be available (Glendale, CA) for those in the Los Angeles area!
- Only residents of California must pay applicable sales tax (9%) on final bid price of item.
- If you win an item in the CGL auction valued at over $75, you will automatically receive a tax receipt from CGL/FJC. If you win an item valued under $75, you may request a tax receipt from CGL/FJC, or your Paypal receipt can serve as U.S. tax substantiation.
Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation for Childhood Cancer
- After payments for all items purchased in the 2016 CGL Charity Auction have been received and processed, AND Blacksparrow has completed shipment of all items, CGL will then donate 100% of the auction net proceeds to Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation for Childhood Cancer. We will share the total amount of money donated once that amount has been finalized!
- For any shipping questions, please email (info at blacksparrowinc dot com) or call Blacksparrow (818-937-9399).
- For all other inquiries, please email (cancergetslost at gmail dot com) or tweet us @CancerGetsLOST and we will get back to you in a timely manner.
* If you are interested in contributing to Cancer Gets LOST at any time, to help us cover our operating costs, you may make a donation via our CGL Paypal button on the upper right side of this page!
Thank you for your interest in and support of CGL. May the force be with you, and may the odds be ever in your favor as you bid on items in our 2016 Charity Auction!
– Jo Garfein, Executive Director/Co-Founder