Hello and thank you so much for your interest in and support of Cancer Gets LOST! Our current online charity auction comes to a close on Saturday, and below you will find information about the closing process, shipping, payment and taxes.
100% of the net proceeds from the 2016 Cancer Gets LOST Charity Auction are being donated to Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation for Childhood Cancer. Every bid counts, and we are incredibly appreciative for your participation in this auction!
Saturday: September 3, 2016
The 2016 CGL Charity Auction will begin closing on Saturday, September 3 at 10am PT: ONE ITEM AT A TIME, in order, as listed. Please note the closing time on each item as you strategize your personal bidding process.
After Auction Closes: Buyer Responsibility
- Within two days following close of auction, our host Blacksparrow will email winning bidders an itemized invoice for items won in the 2016 CGL Charity Auction, including shipping costs. If you win multiple items, they will be combined on one invoice. In the email, there will be a link to the Cancer Gets LOST Paypal account, for winning bidders to complete payment. You will have 7 working days to complete payments for items won.
- PLEASE make sure that you enter the exact amount from your invoice when you make your Paypal payment!
- You do not have to have a Paypal account, but we strongly recommend it. Paypal does offer the option to pay via credit card.
After Auction Closes: Shipping
- Because CGL is a 2-person operation and CGL’s charitable fiscal sponsor FJC, a 501c(3) public charity, has to process all payments to the CGL Paypal account, please note that shipment of your items from Blacksparrow will take place throughout September and early October. We appreciate your patience in advance; with 454 auction items, there will be a large amount to process!
- All domestic packages will be shipped via USPS or FedEx, depending on expediency and costs. Blacksparrow will choose the best option for you at the most reasonable cost. All packages will include insurance and tracking. Shipping notifications with tracking info will be emailed to winning bidders.
- All overseas packages will be shipped via USPS International First Class (for packages weighing less than 3 pounds), or USPS International Priority (for packages 3 pounds or higher).
- * For Canadian auction item winners, if you are concerned about the current postal strike – Blacksparrow would be happy to hold your items until the issues are resolved. Just let them know!
- All oversize items, e.g., large wall panel-size posters on foam core, will require 3rd party shipping (Box Brothers, Freighters & Craters, etc.).
- Local pickup of items will be available (Glendale, CA) for those in the Los Angeles area!
- Every item in the CGL Charity Auction will be accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Only residents of California must pay applicable sales tax (9%) on final bid price of item.
- If you win an item in the CGL auction valued at over $75, you will automatically receive a tax receipt from CGL/FJC. If you win an item valued under $75, you may request a tax receipt from CGL/FJC, or your Paypal receipt can serve as U.S. tax substantiation.
Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation for Childhood Cancer
- After payments for all items purchased in the 2016 CGL Charity Auction have been received and processed, AND Blacksparrow has completed shipment of all items, CGL will then donate 100% of the auction net proceeds to Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation for Childhood Cancer. We will share the total amount of money donated once that amount has been finalized!
- For any shipping questions, please email (info at blacksparrowinc dot com) or call Blacksparrow (818-937-9399).
- For all other inquiries, please email (cancergetslost at gmail dot com) or tweet us @CancerGetsLOST and we will get back to you in a timely manner.
Contributions & Donations
For those of you interested in supporting Cancer Gets LOST to help us cover our operating costs, there is always the option to make a tax-deductible contribution to CGL via FJC, our fiscal sponsor! On the top right of the CGL homepage, there is a “Donate to CGL via PayPal” button, for your convenience. Financial donations help offset the costs of shipping and auction hosting fees, and we appreciate every cent contributed toward the cause.
If you’re interested in donating an item for a future CGL charity auction, we are always grateful for and open to pop culture contributions! Please contact us via email (cancergetslost at gmail dot com) any time.
Thank You x108
We are tremendously grateful for your bids, tweets, Facebook shares, articles and word-of-mouth throughout this auction process; CGL is fueled by the generosity of fellow fans like you! Know that YOU have now made a difference in the lives of children bravely battling cancer. Because of your kind bids in our auction, we are going to be donating a substantial amount of money to Alex’s Lemonade Stand, and those funds will be applied to both research into new treatments/cures and supporting families with children with cancer.
Thank you. For everything.
Jo Garfein, Executive Director & Co-Founder