Thank you so very much for your spectacular participation in our charity auction! As you know, the 2016 Cancer Gets LOST Charity Auction came to a close on Saturday. It was a rousing success, thanks to the tremendous generosity of fans bidding from across the globe!
Below you will find a list of the steps to follow if you’ve won items in our auction, as well as special acknowledgements of those who went above and beyond to bring the CGL auction to life.
- Within the next two days, Blacksparrow will be emailing all winning bidders an itemized invoice for items won in the 2016 CGL Charity Auction, including shipping costs. * If you win multiple items, they will be combined on one invoice. In the email, there will be a link to the Cancer Gets LOST Paypal account, for winning bidders to complete payment. You will have 7 working days to complete payments for items won.
- PLEASE make sure that you enter the exact amount from your invoice when you make your Paypal payment! You do not have to have a Paypal account, but we strongly recommend it. Paypal does offer the option to pay via credit card.
- Residents of California must pay applicable sales tax (9%) on final bid prices of items.
- If you won an item in the CGL auction valued at over $75, you will automatically receive a tax receipt from CGL/FJC. If you won an item valued under $75, you may request a tax receipt from FJC (please email CGL: cancergetslost at gmail dot com), or your Paypal receipt can serve as U.S. tax substantiation.
* LOCAL PICK-UP OF AUCTION ITEMS *
If you live in the Los Angeles area or are visiting soon and would like to pick up your auction items in person, PLEASE NOTE: you must pay applicable CA sales tax (9%) on final bid prices of items, even if you live out of state! * Please contact Blacksparrow Inc. ASAP if you’d like to schedule local pickup (info at blacksparrowinc dot com) and to clarify further.
SHIPPING OF AUCTION ITEMS
Because CGL is a 2-person operation and CGL’s charitable fiscal sponsor FJC, a 501c(3) public charity, has to process all payments to the CGL Paypal account, please note that shipment of your items from Blacksparrow will take place throughout September and early October. We appreciate your patience in advance!
- All domestic packages will be shipped via USPS or FedEx, depending on expediency and costs. Blacksparrow will choose the best option for you at the most reasonable cost. All packages will include insurance and tracking. Shipping notifications with tracking info will be emailed to winning bidders.
- All overseas packages will be shipped via USPS International First Class (for packages weighing less than 3 pounds), or USPS International Priority (for packages 3 pounds or higher).
- * For Canadian auction item winners, if you are concerned about the current postal strike – Blacksparrow would be happy to hold your items until the issues are resolved. Just let them know!
- All oversize items, e.g., large wall panel-size posters on foam core, will require 3rd party shipping (Box Brothers, Freighters & Craters, etc.).
Every item from the CGL Charity Auction will be accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity.
ALEX’S LEMONADE STAND FOUNDATION FOR CHILDHOOD CANCER
Once all auction payments have been made, items have been shipped and details have been finalized with our fiscal sponsor FJC, Cancer Gets LOST will be donating 100% of the net proceeds from this charity auction to Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation for Childhood Cancer! We will let you know the total amount donated once all of the details above have been finalized.
A note of sincere gratitude goes out to CGL’s fiscal sponsor FJC – and to Program Manager Nikki Carpenter, who works hard to ensure that all of the details behinds the scenes run smoothly for us!
We were able to successfully and seamlessly build this auction because of our auction host and friends at Blacksparrow, Inc. Huge thanks to Fong and Erica for working with us for the last two years to bring this charity auction to life, for their beautiful photography and catalog, meticulous auction details and shipping management!
Our long LOST friends Showrunner/Executive Producer Damon Lindelof (The Leftovers) and Supervising Producer Javier Grillo-Marxuach (The 100, Xena) each donated and signed an absolute treasure trove of items to CGL for this charity auction, and we are forever grateful for their amazing contributions! Former LOST Showrunner/Executive Producer Carlton Cuse (Bates Motel, Colony, The Strain) and Jorge Garcia (Hawaii Five-O) also kindly signed stacks of items for our auction. And LOST Executive Producers Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis (Once Upon a Time) continue to spoil CGL with their kind item donations and autographs!
Once again we are stunned by the sheer number of items that Bad Robot generously donated to CGL for this charity auction from several of their shows – thank you very much, Noreen O’Toole!
The cast, crew and creative team from The 100 went above and beyond for Cancer Gets LOST this year, and we so appreciate their many item and autograph contributions to this auction. In particular, we must thank The 100 Writers Room, Props Department and both Eliza Taylor & Lindsey Morgan for their ongoing generosity and friendship!
Paul McQue is a legend in both the LOST and Star Wars communities, and with good reason! He is a lovely, kind and generous human being and terrific friend to CGL; Paul traveled the globe to acquire and get rare items signed for our auction, and we are honored that he donates his contributions to our cause.
CGL’s co-founder Jared “Jay” Wong works for Walker Stalker Con and Heroes & Villains Fan Fest in his spare time, and ensures that items from shows and films represented at those events are signed for our auctions! We would like to especially thank Jay, The Walking Dead cast for always signing many items for us, and the folks that run WSC & HVFF for partnering with CGL for the greater good.
To Bobby Moynihan, John Bernstein, Sesame Street and Warner Brothers Television, we extend our gratitude for your fantastic auction item donations and support!
To every single person from all fandoms that donated an item or autograph to our charity auction, know that we are so grateful for your contributions and appreciate them more than you know! Your generosity fuels our desire to continue channeling fans toward the greater good, and we are only able to do so because of your ongoing support.
FYI: there is a Thank You tab on this site where we tried to list out every single person that donated items, their time or autographs for our charity auction!
2017 & BEYOND
Once we have finalized and closed the 2016 CGL Charity Auction, we will start to focus on two events in 2017: the CGL Charity Concert at the Unity Days Con (January in Vancouver), and the onsite CGL silent auction we are hosting at LOST 2017 next October in Hawaii!
CONTRIBUTING TO CGL
Year-round, we are open to item donations, from custom art and handcrafted items to screen-used props, signed scripts & photos, trading cards, limited edition prints & posters, sealed collectibles and more! If you are interested in possibly contributing something for our next major online charity auction (slated for 2018; date TBD), please email us any time: cancergetslost at gmail dot com!
If you would like to support Cancer Gets LOST by making a financial donation to help us cover operating costs, we have a Paypal button at the top right of this and every page on our site.
If you make a contribution in any amount, we will send you a CGL wristband!
Thank you again for your outstanding support, retweets/social media posts & shares, generous item donations and incredible bids in our charity auction!
If you’re going to either the September 22 or September 23 “We Have to Go Back” LOST Concerts with Michael Giacchino in Los Angeles, we are attending both nights and will see you there in a few weeks!
Jo Garfein, Executive Director/Co-Founder