Hello kind friends! We so appreciated your participation in the Cancer Gets Lost 2020 Online Charity Auction. Because of your tremendous generosity, CGL has made a $22,000 donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society! Full transparency: that is every cent raised after we had to reimburse one auction winner due to an item damaged beyond repair during shipment.
We are so grateful for your very kind support of the LLS, because your collective contributions will be applied to both patient services and cutting edge blood cancer research. From the bottom of our hearts: thank you thank you thank you!
CLOSING, PAYMENT & SHIPPING INSTRUCTIONS!
- If you win an item in our online charity auction: PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT PAYMENT BEFORE YOU RECEIVE YOUR INVOICE FROM CANCER GETS LOST VIA EMAIL!**
- CGL will email itemized invoices to ALL winning bidders within 4 days of auction close, including item total + shipping cost.
- You will be receiving an email confirmation from our external auction hosting site only about any lots you win, but NOT an invoice. Your invoice will be sent by CGL only.
- If you win multiple items, they will be combined on one invoice!
IMPORTANT NOTE: If the name on your Paypal account used to pay for your auction item is NOT your real full name (i.e. a nickname or name of business), you must let us know! CGL does not have access to our Paypal account, nor are we able to see any addresses you input into your Paypal. Our fiscal sponsor FJC sends us a report of payments to our Paypal account, but requires that they match the REAL FULL NAMES of winning bidders (for tax receipt purposes)!
Invoice, Payment & Deadlines
- In the email with your invoice, there will be a link to the Cancer Gets Lost PayPal account (the same one linked in the DONATE button and page on this site), for winning bidders to complete payment. Please do NOT go directly to the PayPal site or app to make payment; you MUST use the PayPal link on this website in order for the winning bid payments to be made to our fiscal sponsor FJC, for them to process. If you try to make a payment via the Paypal site or app, FJC will never see or process it.
- PLEASE make sure that you enter the exact amount from your invoice when you make your PayPal payment! This includes your winning bid amount(s) and shipping cost.
- **AFTER you make payment, please forward your PayPal email receipt to CGL (CGLauctions at gmail dot com) and include BOTH your billing and shipping addresses in the email, as we are not able to view or access them via PayPal! We need both addresses (if separate), for shipping and tax receipt purposes.
- You will have 7 DAYS from the day you receive your invoice to complete payments for all items won in the 2020 Cancer Gets Lost Online Charity Auction!
- You do not have to have a PayPal account, but we strongly recommend it. PayPal does offer the option to pay via credit card.
- Because CGL is a 2-person operation that we run in our spare time, and CGL’s fiscal sponsor FJC has to verify and process payments from over one hundred different winning bidders, please note: it will take up to 4 WEEKS before we start shipping out items to winning bidders in the 2020 Cancer Gets Lost Online Charity Auction! In order to avoid fraud, which sadly has been an issue for CGL in the past, we take extra time to confirm absolutely every aspect of each winning bidder’s payment information.
- Full disclosure: because I am handling the packaging & shipping alone, on top of a full-time job, shipment of all CGL auction packages will take place in March 2020. It may be up to 4 weeks after you’ve paid your invoices that I am able to ship out items and appreciate your patience in advance!
- Shipping of all auction items will take place AFTER all payments have been received, confirmed and processed by FJC.
- When possible, we combine shipping when multiple items are purchased by the same buyer. If one item requires a poster tube and another requires a box, we will have to ship two separate packages to one buyer.
- All domestic packages will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail and include both insurance and tracking. (FYI: insurance is free for items valued up to $50, but we must pay $2-$8 more per package to insure items of higher value).
- All overseas packages will be shipped via USPS International Priority Mail and will include tracking. (FYI: Priority Mail International shipments are insured against loss, damage, or missing contents up to $200 – but it is prohibitively expensive to add on additional insurance).
- Shipping notifications with tracking info will be emailed to winning bidders when items are shipped out.
- To reiterate: the winning bidder is responsible for ANY/ALL Customs and Import Duties that may apply once our shipment arrives in your country.
- A Certificate of Authenticity will accompany every item from the 2020 Cancer Gets Lost Online Charity Auction.
- Please note: to save money and help the environment, we are repurposing boxes and packaging for some auction shipments.
- We are not able to ship liquid items outside of the United States.
CGL has to adhere to international shipping restrictions. There are also a few countries that require prohibitively high customs fees when items arrive, so we try to avoid shipping there. On top of that, CGL has experienced stolen/lost shipments in several countries, and that cost comes out of our operating budget. Therefore, please check the list of countries below that we are unable to ship to, before bidding in this charity auction. Thank you.
If your country is listed below and you are still interested in participating in this auction, please contact us in advance of registration to discuss our options!
Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Brazil, Burundi, China, Comoros, Congo, Cote D’ivoire, Cuba, Egypt, El Salvador, Falkland Islands, Gambia, Gibraltar, Greenland, India, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Korea (North and South), Kuwait, Lao, Liberia, Madagascar, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Myanmar, Niger, Nigeria, Pitcairn, Reunion, Russia, Saint Helena, Saint Pierre & Miquelon, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Georgia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Syria, Tanzania, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Wallis & Futuna, Yemen.
If you win an item in the 2020 Cancer Gets Lost Online Charity Auction for a winning bid amount higher than the starting price of the item, you will automatically receive a tax receipt from our fiscal sponsor, FJC (which should arrive 6-8 weeks after the auction ends).
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Donation
- AFTER payments for all items won in the 2020 Cancer Gets Lost Online Charity Auction have been received and processed, AND Cancer Gets Lost has completed shipment of all items, we will then donate 100% of ALL auction proceeds to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. We will share the total amount of money to be donated once that amount has been finalized!
- For any shipping questions, please email us (CGLauctions at gmail dot com).
- For all other inquiries, please tweet us @CancerGetsLOST and we will get back to you in a timely manner. Please keep in mind that we will not be able to respond to inquiries in the middle of the night. We are in the Pacific Daylight Time zone, in California (United States).
CONTRIBUTIONS TO CGL
For those of you interested in supporting CGL in addition to or instead of participating in our charity auction, there is always the option to make a tax-deductible contribution to CGL via FJC (our fiscal sponsor)! On the top of the CGL homepage, there is a Donate tab, for your convenience. Financial donations help offset the costs of auction hosting and shipping fees, and we appreciate every cent contributed toward the cause!
If you’re interested in donating an item to a future Cancer Gets Lost charity auction, we are always grateful for and open to donations of pop culture collectibles! Please contact us via email (cancergetslost at gmail dot com) to discuss at your convenience.
Thank you again for participating in the 2020 Cancer Gets Lost Online Charity Auction! We are genuinely honored to be able to donate our net proceeds to LLS, and thanks to YOUR kindness – a significant amount will be contributed to their crucial blood cancer cure research and patient services.
– Jo Garfein