Thank you all so much for participating in the Cancer Gets Lost 2022 Online Charity Auction! We are so grateful for your kind support of the Colorectal Cancer Alliance via CGL.
CLOSING, PAYMENT & SHIPPING INSTRUCTIONS!
- If you win an item in our online charity auction: PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT PAYMENT BEFORE YOU RECEIVE AN INVOICE VIA EMAIL FROM CANCER GETS LOST!
- CGL will email ALL winning bidders within 3 days of auction close (by Tuesday), with the payment link, instructions and item total(s) + shipping costs. [note: I appreciate your patience, as I alone will be creating hundreds of invoices that require time-consuming measurements, weights and details for shipping costs!]
- If you win multiple items, they will be combined on one invoice!
IMPORTANT NOTE: If the name on your PayPal account used to pay for your auction item is NOT your real full name (i.e. a nickname or a name of a business), you must let us know! CGL does not have access to our PayPal account, nor are we able to see any addresses you input into your PayPal. Our fiscal sponsor FJC sends us a report of payments to our PayPal account, but requires that they match the REAL FULL NAMES of winning bidders (for tax receipt purposes)!
Invoice, Payment & Deadlines
- In the email you receive from us, there will be a link to the Cancer Gets Lost PayPal account (the same one linked in the DONATE button on the top right of this site), for winning bidders to complete payment. Please do NOT go directly to the PayPal site or app to make this payment; you must ONLY use the PayPal link on this website in order for the winning bid payments to be made to our fiscal sponsor FJC, for them to process. If you try to make a payment via the PayPal site or app, FJC will never see or process it.
- PLEASE make sure that you enter the exact amount from your invoice when you make your PayPal payment! This includes your winning bid amount(s) and shipping costs.
- *AFTER you make your auction item payment, please forward your PayPal email receipt to CGL (CGLauctions at gmail dot com) and include BOTH your billing and shipping addresses in the email, as we are not able to view or access them via PayPal! We need both addresses (if separate), for shipping and tax receipt purposes.
- You will have 7 DAYS from the day you receive the email from CGL (after the auction ends) to complete payments for all items won in the 2022 Cancer Gets Lost Online Charity Auction to benefit the Colorectal Cancer Alliance!
- You do not have to have a PayPal account, but we strongly recommend it. PayPal does, however, offer the option to pay via credit card.
When you click on the Donate button on our website to pay for your auction item(s), please note: a new window or tab will open and it will say:
“Donate to FJC – A Foundation of Philanthropic Funds/Cancer Gets Lost.”
That is the correct location to make payment! Our fiscal sponsor FJC oversees the CGL PayPal account exclusively.
- Because I am handling all of the packaging and shipping of auction items, I appreciate your patience again! All CGL auction packages will be shipped out the first week of May 2022.
- FJC has to verify and process payments from several hundred winning bidders before we can start shipping out items. In order to avoid fraud, which sadly has been an issue for CGL in the past, we take extra time to confirm absolutely every aspect of each winning bidder’s payment information.
- Shipping of all auction items will take place AFTER all payments have been received, confirmed and processed by FJC.
- When possible, we combine shipping when multiple items are purchased by the same buyer. If one item requires a poster tube and another requires a hardcover flat envelope, we will then have to ship two separate packages to that winning bidder.
- All domestic packages will be shipped via UPS Ground, and include both insurance and tracking.
- All international packages will be shipped via UPS Worldwide Saver, and include both insurance and tracking.
- International participants: winning bidders are responsible for ANY/ALL Customs and Import Duties that may apply once your shipment arrives in your country.
- Your CGL package tracking number will be emailed to you when items are shipped out.
- In order to save money and also help the environment, CGL will be using repurposed packaging and boxes as much as possible. So your auction package may not be pretty on the outside, but it’s what inside that counts!
- Each item in the CGL 2022 Online Charity Auction will be accompanied by a CGL COA.
If you win an item in the 2022 Cancer Gets Lost Online Charity Auction to benefit the Colorectal Cancer Alliance, you will automatically receive a tax receipt from our fiscal sponsor, FJC (which should arrive 2-3 months after the auction ends).
Colorectal Cancer Alliance
After payments for all items won in the 2022 CGL Online Charity Auction have been received and processed, AND Cancer Gets Lost has completed shipment of all items – we will then donate 100% of ALL auction proceeds to the Colorectal Cancer Alliance. We will share the total amount of money to be donated once that amount has been finalized!
For any questions, please email us (CGLauctions at gmail dot com).
CONTRIBUTIONS TO CGL
For those of you interested in supporting CGL in addition to or instead of participating in our charity auction, there is always the option to make a tax-deductible contribution to CGL via FJC (our fiscal sponsor)! On the top of the CGL homepage, there is a Donate tab, for your convenience. Financial donations help offset the costs of auction hosting and shipping fees, and we appreciate every cent contributed toward the cause.
If you make a donation to CGL in the month of April (2022), we will make sure to add all of those contributions to the overall donation we will be making to the Colorectal Cancer Alliance!
If you’re interested in donating an item to a future Cancer Gets Lost charity auction, we are always grateful for and open to donations of rare or signed pop culture collectibles! Please contact us via email to discuss at your convenience.
Thank you again for participating in the 2022 Cancer Gets Lost Online Charity Auction to benefit the Colorectal Cancer Alliance! We are honored to be able to donate 100% of our auction proceeds to the CCA, thanks to your collective kindness.
With genuine gratitude,
Jo Garfein, Co-Founder