Thank you for participating in the Cancer Gets Lost Online Charity Auction to benefit Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation! Every cent raised will be donated to ALSF’s Emergency COVID-19 Fund for childhood cancer patients and their families during the pandemic, so we are tremendously grateful for your very kind donations!
- If you win an item in our online charity auction: PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT PAYMENT BEFORE YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL FROM CGL (there is no way to pay on or via our external auction host site, 32auctions)!
- CGL will email ALL winning bidders within 1 day of auction close, with payment link, instructions and item total(s).
** IMPORTANT NOTE: If the name on your Paypal account used to pay for your auction item is NOT your real full name (i.e. a nickname or name of business), you must let us know! CGL does not have access to our Paypal account, nor are we able to see any addresses you input into your Paypal. Our fiscal sponsor FJC sends us a report of payments to our Paypal account, but requires that they match the REAL FULL NAMES of winning bidders (for tax receipt purposes)!
Payment & Deadlines
- In the email you receive after the auction closes, there will be a link to the Cancer Gets Lost PayPal account (the same one linked in the DONATE button and page on this site), for winning bidders to complete payment. Please do NOT go directly to the PayPal site or app to make payment; you MUST use the PayPal link on this website in order for the winning bid payments to be made to our fiscal sponsor FJC, for them to process. If you try to make a payment via the Paypal site or app, FJC will never see or process it.
- CGL has non-profit, tax exempt status thanks to a fiscal sponsorship by FJC: A Foundation of Philanthropic Funds. You will see their name on our Paypal account, as they oversee it for us.
- PLEASE make sure that you enter the exact amount when you make your PayPal payment! This includes your winning bid amount(s) AND shipping cost.
- **AFTER you make your payment, please forward your PayPal email receipt to CGL (CGLauctions at gmail dot com) and include BOTH your billing and shipping addresses in the email, as we are not able to view or access them via PayPal! We need both addresses (if separate), for shipping and tax receipt purposes.
- You will have 7 DAYS from the day you receive the email from CGL after the auction ends to complete payments for all items won in the 2020 Cancer Gets Lost Online Charity Auction to benefit Alex’s Lemonade Stand!
- You do not have to have a PayPal account, but we strongly recommend it. PayPal does offer the option to pay via credit card.
- Because of current world events and restrictions as a result of the pandemic, CGL will not be shipping out auction items until at least June 2020.
- CGL’s fiscal sponsor FJC has to verify and process payments from winning bidders before we can start packaging and shipping out items. In order to avoid fraud, which sadly has been an issue for CGL in the past, we take extra time to confirm absolutely every aspect of each winning bidder’s payment information.
- Shipping of all auction items will take place AFTER all payments have been received, confirmed and processed by FJC.
- When possible, we combine shipping when multiple items are purchased by the same buyer. If one item requires a poster tube and the other requires a hardcover flat envelope, we will have to ship two separate packages to one buyer.
- All packages will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail & USPS Priority Mail International (for Canada addresses only) and include both insurance and tracking.
- Canadian participants: winning bidders are responsible for ANY/ALL Customs and Import Duties that may apply once your shipment arrives in Canada.
- Shipping notifications with tracking info will be emailed to winning bidders when items are shipped out.
If you win an item in the 2020 Cancer Gets Lost Online Charity Auction to benefit Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation, you will automatically receive a tax receipt from our fiscal sponsor, FJC (which should arrive 6-8 weeks after the auction ends).
Donation to Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation
After all payments for items won in the 2020 Cancer Gets Lost Online Charity Auction have been received and processed, and Cancer Gets Lost has completed shipment of all items, we will then donate 100% of ALL auction proceeds to Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation’s Emergency COVID-19 Fund. We will share the total amount of money to be donated once that amount has been finalized!
For those that may not have participated or won items in our charity auction, but are still interested in supporting the cause: you can of course make a donation in any amount directly to Alex’s Lemonade Stand. Here is Cancer Gets Lost’s ALSF fundraising page; we do not earn or keep a cent – every donation made directly or via our auction will go to ALSF!
- For any shipping questions, please email us (CGLauctions at gmail dot com).
- For all other inquiries, please tweet us @CancerGetsLOST and we will get back to you in a timely manner. Please keep in mind that we will not be able to respond to inquiries in the middle of the night. We are in the Pacific Daylight Time zone, in California (United States).
Thank you again for participating in the 2020 Cancer Gets Lost Online Charity Auction to benefit Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation! We are honored to be able to donate 100% of our auction proceeds to ALSF and, thanks to your collective kindness – every cent will be contributed to assisting childhood cancer patients and their families during the pandemic.
Take care, kind friends!
Jo Garfein (Co-Founder)