Hello again, kind friends of CGL! For the last 11 years, Cancer Gets Lost has focused on fundraising for various cancer charities via our online auctions. However, on occasion we branch out in support of other essential non-profits and charitable endeavors.
As you know, CGL’s co-founder Jared Wong is a proud member of the AAPI community. Social justice is very important to us, and we simply can’t sit idly by without doing our part to assist in the fight against the ongoing discrimination and disturbing violence toward Asian Americans. Our hearts are with the AAPI community, and we want to be able to contribute in some way to the healing and community assistance.
NEW CGL ONLINE CHARITY AUCTION
Our small online charity auction, 100% to benefit Asian Americans Advancing Justice, ends Tuesday March 30 at 4:15pm CT. AAJC is a non-profit voice for Asian Americans, fighting for their civil rights through education, litigation, and public policy advocacy. Every cent raised from this Cancer Gets Lost online charity auction will be donated to AAJC.
SHIPPING: U.S. ONLY
We realize that many folks around the country are currently out of work, or are struggling to make ends meet after a year of this pandemic. As always, there is no pressure to bid on any of these items! And if you do, know that CGL will be covering the cost of all shipping. We are honored to be able to offer free shipping during a very challenging time for all.
Due to current and ongoing shipping issues abroad (primarily the lack of guaranteed delivery from here and very high individual country fees and customs), this particular CGL online charity auction will be open to those with U.S. shipping addresses only. We apologize to our international supporters, but please know that we are working on a much larger online charity auction for later this year that will be open to bidders around the world!
Every CGL auction item will be accompanied by a CGL Certificate of Authenticity.
If you’d like to participate in the CGL 2021 Online Charity Auction to benefit Asian Americans Advancing Justice, please register on our external auction hosting site (32Auctions). It is free, fast and easy to create a new account.
- To prevent potentially fraudulent activity, CGL has to approve each registration individually – and we are doing so quickly. Once you register, you’ll get a response back within 6-12 hours (but usually much faster)!
- You will need a PayPal account if you plan to bid on and hopefully win items in our auction. But you will also have the option of paying for items with a credit card via PayPal.
- Disclaimer: Please note that all items in the 2021 Cancer Gets Lost online charity auction are sold in “as is” condition, without any warranties, either expressed or implied. All sales are final & non-refundable, because every cent raised in this CGL auction will be donated to the non-profit organization Asian Americans Advancing Justice (AAJC).
- We kindly ask that you please only bid on items in this auction if you’re willing and able to pay for them. Thank you!
AUCTION LINK AND DETAILS!
HERE is the external link to our online charity auction to benefit AAJC, if you’d like to participate! Auction bidding closes at 4:15pm CT on March 30, 2021.
You are welcome to register and bid at any time while the auction is open! Click on the green View All Items button on the left side of the external auction site to see all 12 items in our charity auction.
- If you win an item in our online charity auction: PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT PAYMENT BEFORE YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL FROM CGL (there is no way to pay on or via our external auction host site, 32auctions)!
- CGL will email ALL winning bidders after the auction closes with a payment link, instructions and item total(s).
** IMPORTANT NOTE: If the name on your Paypal account used to pay for your auction item is NOT your real full name (i.e. a nickname or name of business), you must let us know! CGL does not have access to our Paypal account, nor are we able to see any addresses you input into your Paypal. Our fiscal sponsor FJC sends us a report of payments to our Paypal account, but requires that they match the REAL FULL NAMES of winning bidders (for tax receipt purposes)!
Payment & Deadlines
- In the email you receive after the auction closes, there will be a link to the Cancer Gets Lost PayPal account (the same one linked in the DONATE button and page on this site), for winning bidders to complete payment. Please do NOT go directly to the PayPal site or app to make payment; you MUST use the PayPal link on this website in order for the winning bid payments to be made to our fiscal sponsor FJC, for them to process. If you try to make a payment via the Paypal site or app, FJC will never see or process it.
- CGL has non-profit, tax exempt status thanks to a fiscal sponsorship by FJC: A Foundation of Philanthropic Funds. You will see their name on our Paypal account, as they oversee it for us.*
- PLEASE make sure that you enter the exact amount when you make your PayPal payment!
- AFTER you make your payment, please forward your PayPal email receipt to CGL (CGLauctions at gmail dot com) and include BOTH your billing and shipping addresses in the email, as we are not able to view or access them via PayPal! We need both addresses (if separate), for shipping and tax receipt purposes.
- You will have 7 DAYS from the day you receive the email from CGL after the auction ends to complete payments for all items won in the 2021 Cancer Gets Lost online charity auction to benefit AAJC.
- You do not have to have a PayPal account, but we strongly recommend it. PayPal does offer the option to pay via credit card.
- CGL’s fiscal sponsor FJC has to verify and process payments from winning bidders before we can start packaging and shipping out items. In order to avoid fraud, which sadly has been an issue for CGL in the past, we take extra time to confirm absolutely every aspect of each winning bidder’s payment information.
- Shipping of all auction items will take place AFTER all payments have been received, confirmed and processed by FJC. This usually takes 3 weeks – 1 month, and we appreciate your patience!
- We combine shipping when multiple items are purchased by the same buyer.
- All packages will be shipped via UPS.
- Shipping notifications with tracking info will be emailed to winning bidders when items are shipped out.
If you win an item in the 2021 Cancer Gets Lost online charity auction to benefit AAJC, you will automatically receive a tax receipt from our fiscal sponsor, FJC (which should arrive 6-8 weeks after the auction ends).
Donation to Asian Americans Advancing Justice
After all payments for items won in the 2021 Cancer Gets Lost online charity auction have been received and processed, and CGL has completed shipment of all items, we will then donate 100% of ALL auction proceeds to AAJC. We will share the total amount of money to be donated once that amount has been finalized!
- For any shipping questions, please email us (CGLauctions at gmail dot com).
- For all other inquiries, please tweet us @CancerGetsLOST and we will get back to you in a timely manner. Please keep in mind that we will not be able to respond to inquiries in the middle of the night.
Thank you again for participating in the 2021 Cancer Gets Lost online charity auction to benefit AAJC. We are honored to be able to donate 100% of our auction proceeds to this non-profit and thanks to your collective kindness – every cent contributed helps to raise awareness about increased racism and discrimination against Asian Americans. We stand with and our heart will always be with the AAPI community.
Thank you so much for your support of CGL and AAJC. We are so appreciative for your generosity and kindness.
-Jo Garfein & Jared Wong (Co-Founders, CGL)
*CGL is a 501c(3)-sponsored organization. Our fiscal sponsor FJC, A Foundation of Philanthropic Funds (a 501c(3) public charity that provides management of charitable giving), oversees all of the financials for Cancer Gets Lost – including our PayPal account. FJC has earned a top 4-star rating on Charity Navigator!