Fight on. That is the motto my dear friend Jackie uses to end every medical update that she sends out to family and friends. It represents not only her beloved alma mater USC, but also her fight against an evil brain tumor named Turk.
For me, Jackie is the impetus and inspiration for Cancer Gets LOST, and the reason why I teamed up with Jared to raise money for the National Brain Tumor Society. We will be hosting an online auction later this year (possibly coinciding with a live event in Los Angeles), with rare and autographed memorabilia from LOST and other shows – and 100% of the profits will benefit both charities.
While Jared and I are still in the planning stages of this event, I will be participating in the annual NBTS Walk in San Francisco this May, on Jackie’s “Team Toast” (as in: Turk is Toast). Her tumor is now Stage 4, and now – more than ever before – it is tremendously important to raise awareness about the National Brain Tumor Society, to seek out funding for their further research.
To encourage donations, I am giving away several items from our favorite shows. If you make a contribution of $10 or more to either Jackie’s NBTS Walk page or my NBTS Walk page and email me the receipt, you will be automatically entered to win one of the following items. The more you donate, the more chances you have to win (i.e $10 = 1 entry, $50 = 5 entries). This giveaway will be open until April 30.
- LOST Thought: Thinking Leaders Discuss LOST (brand new book compilation – I contributed 2 chapters; 2 copies are up for grabs)
- LOST Bobbleheads: Claire, Desmond, Hurley, Jack and Sawyer
- Bif Bang Pow! LOST action figure: Hurley (AUTOGRAPHED by Jorge Garcia)
- Weezer “Hurley” CD (AUTOGRAPHED by Jorge Garcia)
- ALCATRAZ mug, exclusive from the premiere on Alcatraz in January
- ALCATRAZ poster (AUTOGRAPHED by Jorge Garcia, Sarah Jones, Jonny Coyne, Parminder Nagra and Robert Forster)
We are very appreciative for your interest and contributions, and will keep you posted with details about the auction and event.
Fight on! And thank you.