*UPDATE: Thanks to your collective kindness, we raised and then donated $5050 to the Breast Cancer Alliance, in honor of Jen. This grand total includes every cent raised in our online charity auction plus many very generous financial contributions to both CGL and the BCA. CGL and the Ozawa family are so grateful for everyone that participated and/or contributed!
Our dear friend Jen Ozawa bravely battled cancer for many years. She was a beloved friend to the global LOST community since the early days of the show, when she and her husband Ryan hosted one of the very first LOST fan podcasts (The Transmission). We were heartbroken to hear that Jen passed away on August 5, peacefully at home with her family. With Ryan’s blessing, Cancer Gets Lost is hosting a small charity auction in her honor. Because so many kind friends and fans have reached out, wanting to help in any way they can.
100% to benefit the Breast Cancer Alliance, every cent raised in this CGL auction will be donated.
If you’d like to follow updates about Jen, Ryan and his family are posting on her site: https://kilinahe.com.
Because Jen is an original LOSTIE, we have selected a precise Number (16) of rare and/or signed LOST items for this particular small online charity auction. It will be open from August 2 – 8. HERE is the link! Registration is quick, free and easy. We are approving registrations one by one, but it is a very fast process for us and you should be good to start bidding shortly after!
If you’re not necessarily interested in bidding on items in this auction but would like to make a contribution in any amount to either the BCA or CGL in Jen’s honor, your donation will count toward our final contribution. Please forward us your email receipts so we can include your donation in the grand total (including those that have already kindly made contributions over the last few days). Our email: cancergetslost at gmail dot com. Full transparency: CGL keeps/earns $0 for this and all of our auctions.
CGL will be providing FREE shipping for all items in this auction!
Alas, due to pandemic related shipping issues and costs, this auction is open only to those with U.S. addresses only. Our apologies to friends abroad. We have plans to open up our next big online charity auction in February 2022 to fans across the world.
- Our fiscal sponsor FJC has to verify and process payments from winning bidders before we can start packaging and shipping out items. Typically, this process takes 2-3 weeks. We appreciate your patience in advance!
- In order to avoid fraud, which sadly has been an issue for CGL in the past, we take extra time to confirm absolutely every aspect of each winning bidder’s payment information.
- Shipping of all auction items will take place AFTER all payments have been received, confirmed and processed by FJC.
- We will combine shipping when multiple items are purchased by the same buyer.
- All packages will be shipped via UPS Ground.
- Shipping notifications with tracking info will be emailed to winning bidders when items are shipped out.
WINNING BIDDER PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS
***All winning bidders will receive an email from CGL immediately after the auction ends, with the information below. You will receive a link to our external PayPal (under the Donate tab on our website ONLY); that is the only option and location to make your donation. You will NOT be asked to pay for anything on our external host site, 32 Auctions.
- HERE is the direct link to our Cancer Gets Lost PayPal account, for you to complete payment.
- Please do NOT go directly to the PayPal site or app to make payment; you MUST use the PayPal link here on our website in order for the winning bid payments to be made to our fiscal sponsor FJC, for them to process. If you try to make a payment via the Paypal site or app, FJC will never see or process it.
- CGL has non-profit, tax exempt status thanks to our fiscal sponsorship by FJC: A Foundation of Philanthropic Funds. You will see their name on our Paypal account, as they oversee it for us. When click on the Donate button on our website, a window/page will open that says “Donate to FJC – A Foundation of Philanthropic Funds (Purpose: Cancer Gets LOST). That is the correct and ONLY location to pay for CGL auction items.
- PLEASE make sure that you enter the exact amount when you make your PayPal payment!
- **AFTER you make your payment, please forward your PayPal email receipt to CGL (CGLauctions at gmail dot com) and include BOTH your billing and shipping addresses in the email, as we are not able to view or access them via PayPal! We need both addresses (if separate), for shipping and tax receipt purposes.
- You will have 7 DAYS from the end of auction to complete your payment!
- If the name on your Paypal account is NOT your real full name (i.e. a nickname or name of business), please let us know! CGL does NOT have access to our Paypal account, nor are we able to see any addresses you input into your Paypal. FJC sends us a report of donations, but requires that they match the REAL FULL NAMES of winning bidders (for tax receipt purposes)!
If you win an item in the 2021 Cancer Gets Lost Online Charity Auction to benefit the Breast Cancer Alliance, you will automatically receive a tax receipt from FJC (which should arrive 6-8 weeks after the auction ends).
DONATION TO THE BREAST CANCER ALLIANCE
After all payments for items won in the 2021 Cancer Gets Lost Online Charity Auction to benefit the BCA have been received & processed, and CGL has completed shipment of all items, we will then donate 100% of ALL auction proceeds to the Breast Cancer Alliance. We will share the total amount of money to be donated once that amount has been finalized!
Thank you so much for your interest and support.