Our goal with Cancer Gets LOST is always to channel incredibly generous fans toward the greater good. With that in mind, we are supporting two amazing cancer charities this month via a small online CGL fundraiser beginning today (4/8/15, the best LOST date yet) and have fun incentives to encourage your contributions!
This will be EASY, and we are thrilled to be able to send you something rather cool when you make a donation.
If you live in the U.S. or Canada and you make a $15.16 donation to Alex’s Lemonade Stand OR if you live in the UK and make a £10.80 donation to The Brain Tumour Charity by 4.23.15 – we will send you a limited edition numbered LOST badge set!
Created and kindly donated by RetroCo.com (which just happens to be run by LOST fans) exclusively for CGL, this edition is limited to 108 box sets. Each set contains 8 different LOST pins, every set contains different pins and no two sets are alike!
The charities selected to benefit from your generosity on this occasion both do amazing work; we chose Alex’s Lemonade Stand – a terrific organization working to eradicate childhood cancer, and Chris from RetroCo chose The Brain Tumour Charity because they raise vital funds for the scientific and clinical research of brain tumors.
At this time we have 60 of these badge sets available to those who make online donations to Alex’s Lemonade Stand in the U.S./Canada and 15 badge sets available to those who make donations to The Brain Tumour Charity in the UK.
We anticipate that these are going to be quite popular, so we must limit them to ONE SET PER PERSON/DONATION. First come, first claimed! And no, none of of THE numbers are available.
If you live outside the U.S./Canada/UK, you can still donate to either cancer charity organization, but you will need to be able to provide an address within these countries for us to ship to.
This giveaway will be open from 4.8.15 through 4.23.15. Please allow several weeks for shipping and delivery. We will cover ALL postage costs! Every penny YOU donate will obviously go directly to the charities.
* * UPDATE: As of 6pm PST on 4/9/15, all 60 of the badge sets have been claimed for donations to Alex’s Lemonade Stand!! Thank you all everybody SO much for your amazing generosity! Please keep in mind that we are receiving donations to Alex’s from folks not using our link, but their contributions count too! If we receive their receipts, they are considered in the same order received as all others.
If you made a donation anyway – we do appreciate it!! We simply do not have any more sets to give away for contributions! HOWEVER, if you make a donation to either charity by 4/23/15, you are still eligible to win one of the bonus incentive items below!
But we wanted to sweeten the pot: if you make a donation larger than what we are suggesting, in a LOST related amount ($23.42/$42.23, etc. or £16.23 or more), you will be automatically entered to win ONE of the following bonus incentive items:
- Autographed Harold Perrineau (Michael) LOST trading card
- Autographed Sterling Beaumon (young Ben Linus) LOST trading card
- Autographed Mira Furlan (Rousseau) photo
- Bad Robot mystery playing cards [2 decks available; First edition & Black edition]
- LOST numbers wristbands (Jac Vanek) [2 available!]
- Custom framed LOST character print (artist: Michael B. Myers Jr.)
Thanks to MJ Carpenter for donating the framed print to the cause!
To be eligible to receive a limited edition LOST badge set, simply forward your email receipts from Alex’s Lemonade Stand or The Brain Tumour Charity to us (cancergetslost at gmail dot com). We will respond to let you know we’ve received it, and let you know if badge sets are still available by that time.
* Please be patient, as we are overwhelmed by the sheer number of amazing responses thus far! We will email you back to let you know we’ve received your receipt!
To sum up:
- $15.16 donation or more to Alex’s Lemonade Stand (U.S./Canada)
- £10.80 donation or more to The Brain Tumour Charity (UK)
- 60 badge sets available in the U.S./Canada
- 15 badge sets available in the UK
- Limit 1 set per person/donation
- Email receipt to: cancergetslost at gmail dot com (by 4.23.15), and please include your preferred shipping address
A huge note of gratitude to Chris L. for donating these custom badge sets; without him, this fundraiser would not be possible!
Thank you so much for your consideration and support of these two wonderful cancer charity organizations.